Nothing To Fear Nothing To Fear

Legitimately moves me to my core how much heart went into this, fuck yeah. I cannot think of a better testament to the strength of an independent animator. Very much in keeping with Newgrounds tradition, you've aimed to constantly improve yourself (and make ass jokes along the way). Proud have been a part of this, even though the bit of animation I did is a relative drop in the ocean compared to the amazingly long way it is traveled since. lol The explosion after Thanatophobia is kicked gets me every time <3 Great work.

CaffeineClown responds:

You legitimately move me to my core something something lets sex.

A Sity Day A Sity Day

Tank Award.

Gigi &amp;amp; Lili: Christmas Lights Gigi & Lili: Christmas Lights

Of all the previous drafts, my fave was this final one. : ) Well done! And good teamwork everybody!!

Pokemon Darkness Ep 4 Pokemon Darkness Ep 4

Hey Dumbird, I got your message, sorry for the late reply.

Basically, Tj said most of it in terms of reviewing, Although I will try to supplement it in my own way.

I feel like there is more you can do with Andrew as a character. Don't be afraid to build your series around the fact that he doesn't know anything about this new world- I am sure even things like a computer would freak him out! That is probably one of the strongest facets of your series thus far. You seem to be going down a similar path as the anime (Collecting partners). Sometimes, try to deviate from the course of the anime, and maybe focus on the main characters struggle more, or what true purposes the supporting characters serve. Subplots of each episode would be good. I wasn't sure why the rocket broke into the house at the end, or if that was suppose to be a sort of cliff hanger. Like I have mentioned before, developing your bad guy's motives are very important! Give us some insight into upcoming conflict, and avoid vagueness like Tj mentioned. I can't say I learned anymore about Team Darkness now than before. Andrew being a protagonist should want to know more about the world, and not be afraid to ask questions.

Finishing on a positive note, I like what you are doing with the sprites, like the city was well built for example. Things like mudkip and the oddish were cute details. The guy with the white hair had a nice custom sprite too, which you showed me before.

I am glad to hear you are open to suggestions and improving yourself. Because of that, I think you'll continue to get better in your art.

Regards,

dumbird responds:

Thanks for the review. I got an idea that would make a good excuse for why Andrew hasn't shown his enthusiasm yet.

SMBZ KAI scene 1 (Remake) SMBZ KAI scene 1 (Remake)

A remake of a remake of a remake. Try harder Krazzycakes ;)

Krazzygamer3y2 responds:

That does not make sense... what are you trying to say?

>:(

blade runner animation blade runner animation

I'm a big Blade runner fan, it is probably one of my favorite movies. Although I have to say, the graphics in this flash made it hard to watch, being that they are mostly traced bitmaps of photographs. I encourage you to to try an make your own graphics, which would ultimately give you more freedom in achieving things like lip sync, which were held back by the use of traced bitmaps. For some things, it worked well, like the eye which had all kinds of detail. Although this doesn't exactly work for things such as the city or faces which look blob like.

Hope you'll continue to improve,

cocolongo responds:

thank you... I traced some. mostly after I found out how.. now I ´m learning to make them from scratch .. I hope you like them too.

RE: SCAFFOLD FLAKES RE: SCAFFOLD FLAKES

I didn't have much knowledge about Resident evil at the time, but I found this hilarious regardless! Scaffold flakes, truly a tasty treat. Well done!

You've clearly mastered the anatomy of the bulge as well... Speaking of which I distinctly remember hiding a hidden clickable goodie somewhere in this flash : X Toodles!

Pokemon Darkness ep 3 Pokemon Darkness ep 3

Hey man, congrats on the release of your 3rd episode. The animation and over all design has gotten a lot smoother than last time. Good job integrating elements from newer games like the houses as well. The customs were pretty convincing as far as those go for now.

But this wouldn't be a review if I didn't give you some feedback. I felt like you cleaned up the grammar well, but there is a certain energy missing in the text that had to do with improper punctuation. When he nurse says "Wait." it comes across as very passive because of the period. Adding an exclamation mark might help with that energy and make more sense. I also felt like this could have been done with Anna's dialog more, being that she seems like an energetic spontaneous person. The dialog made her seem a bit passive as well and makes it seem like there isn't much of a reason for her to show Andrew around without an active voice.

Towards the end, a bit of reasoning seemed to be missing as well. Anna's choice to go with him seemed a bit forced and not as organic as it could be. We don't know much about her either (Is she a student, a young teacher?) So why would she abandon her studies/ work to go with him on a whim? Yeah she wants to see the country, but I feel like there has to be more connective tissue there to go with someone she just met an hour ago. Giving her some kind of back story, or more information might help to solve this problem.

Lastly, I felt like more or the overlying plot with the antagonists could be revealed more, to give your audience something to hold onto. Just some insight to what they are planning would be enough. Currently the revelations might be too slow paced.

Summary of my review: More active language/ use of punctuation (exclamation marks instead of periods at times) Give Anna more of a back story, and reasoning for joining as a deuteragonist. Lastly give the viewer more insight to the over all plot (Even what the country is like might help to explain this.

Anyway keep up the good work. Much better than your previous episodes.

_esty

Pokemon Darkness Ep 2 Pokemon Darkness Ep 2

A couple friends and I have tuned into your last episode and were wondering if you would make
a second. I wasn't expecting much, but honestly I have to say you have improved a considerable amount from the previous episode.

While the fact that he knows nothing about Pokemon makes the story line a bit tedious for the viewer it also offers a good chance for development throughout a series of episodes.

So now its time for the constructive criticism part. A lot of your animation is still
in a bit of a crude stage, even though it seems to be improving at a good rate. Integrating non-
sprited items with sprited ones can get messy fast. (Such as the hole in the rock on the
beach and the smiley face over Mudkip's head when he chooses to remain outside his pokeball.
Also you have some spelling mistakes that tend to drive quality down. Be sure to proof your
dialog before you release it. Words like "Ocean, awkward, and Organization" were misspelled.

I wasn't sure if Mudkip being weak against a electric types was a plot device in the story, but he is in fact a ground type and should be immune or at least mentioned otherwise.

Over all, keep up the improvements. If you have any other questions, feel free to PM me. Good luck and I hope this helps.

Gigi Meets Kaiju King Gigi Meets Kaiju King