View Profile EASTBEAST

82 Movie Reviews

Glad to see how this project has come to fruition over the years :) I really love the sense of mystery this scene evokes with the music. Was that an original track? I am almost afraid to hear it with sound effects in case it will lose its enigmatic charm haha.

Newgrounds should fp this to show that it still supports its veteran flash artists on this site.

Much love as always Laura!

Esty

Legitimately moves me to my core how much heart went into this, fuck yeah. I cannot think of a better testament to the strength of an independent animator. Very much in keeping with Newgrounds tradition, you've aimed to constantly improve yourself (and make ass jokes along the way). Proud have been a part of this, even though the bit of animation I did is a relative drop in the ocean compared to the amazingly long way it is traveled since. lol The explosion after Thanatophobia is kicked gets me every time <3 Great work.

CaffeineClown responds:

You legitimately move me to my core something something lets sex.

Tank Award.

19 Game Reviews

By taking a gander it seems like most people are only getting as far as completing the second or third level. Only 2 other people beside yourself have gotten the any of the secret medals. (The last 2 only acquired by yourself at this point). I still think this game could have used a stage select for completed levels, because having to replay everything when losing all your lives is more arduous than fun. I liked the level of challenge, but having to do everything over because of losing clearly doesn't compliment the game play. Imagine if they did that on Sonic Adventure 2 and you'd see it would be kind of annoying.

I thought you showed good level design by sort of trapping the player by the moves they made, especially in the mushroom kingdom level. It makes the player have to remember about those little "Gotcha" moments for next time, although getting killed by a "Gotcha" moment at a later level and having to restart everything is not very rewarding for the player and discourages them from investing more time into it.

The story was funny and cute, I definitely believe Waluigi would do something like this. I don't know why there needed to be an ominous villain but I guess that adds to the humor. Like I said I think you did a good job with this piece and the way you practiced new coding. It might be nice to see you working on coming up with your own mechanic and building a game around that in the future which is something I don't think I've seen you do.

Congrats on the daily 4th!

A lot of what I have said you already know, but I felt like writing a review anyway. Hypothetically, if I didn't know who you are and played this, I would be vastly impressed by the variants of game play introduced throughout. I don't think I have seen something like it on NG. Going from a vertical shooter to free range to horizontal shooter. On top of that, the 3d is well executed with the ships. A lot of new elements at work in here I personally haven't seen in a ng game before.

Anyway, what I am trying to say is that the quality of it stands throughout. Sure, I got to test it and make some of the 2-d art, so my opinion can be taken with a grain of salt. But as far as your art and programming goes, it is a milestone for how far you have come as an artist.

Regards

teejay-number13 responds:

Thanks bro. It would have been better to release over the summer, because most of the SL is busy with school and all. So I kind of feel like like my project is a little unnoticed compared to some of our others anyway.

Cute game, fun to play. I enjoyed the way the overall atmosphere shifted while going from place to place. A few of the puzzles like having to wall jump during the gravity shift tripped me up haha. At times, the main character's movement sluggish while backtracking, but overall I like the gravity of it. I collected all the extras, but was a bit disappointed to see that they didn't count towards anything like medals or an extra scene. That would have been a nice touch and made the extra collecting worth it. Maybe that could be something for next time. : )

Regards,

15 Audio Reviews

Nice tune! I listen to it often and occasionally forget it is a Christmas tune. I like the ending too :)

Great remix of a classic! What a treat!!

Soundshifter responds:

thanks buddy!

Thanks! I was able to use this for a short animation I did here, giving you credit of course :P I think it fit quite well!

conorstrejcek responds:

Cool! I watched it, I love the Flaming Lips as well!

26 Art Reviews

Most badass thing I have seen in awhile. Thank you

I like the design and overall aesthetic of the stream although I think people below might be carried away a bit with certain praise. The animated loop needs a bit more work. Right now the the water has a bouncy unnatural flow to it and could benefit from additional frames. It looks like there are very few, if no frames leading back to the original key. It doesn't give the impression of a seamless loop and a variation could fix this. Also watch out for the lined water around the rock as it behaves wildly. It would be contoured around the shape of the rock more. Otherwise nice translucency.

Congrats, it looks like a great improvement!

Also welcome back to NG, glad you came back Laura!

ArtistGamerGal responds:

Thanks Esty!!!

My kind of soldier you can ride on my shoulders when you've won.

Esty Guglielmo @EASTBEAST